Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 biscuit)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 297mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- Cooking spray
- Light butter and honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 4 or 5 times. Roll dough to 1/2- inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with butter and honey, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note