Absolutely one of our family favorites - and we often make this for guests as well. S.Living added mushrooms to this recently - we make it without and it's dreamy. No suggestions on additions or changes - it's wonderful & easy!
Buttermilk Baked Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can CAMPBELL'S Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in oven in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish (about 3 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk; sprinkle with pepper, and dredge in flour.
- 3. Remove baking dish from oven. Add mushrooms and thyme. Arrange chicken, breast sides down, in baking dish.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 minutes.
- 5. Stir together soup and remaining 1 cup buttermilk. Pour over chicken, and bake 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°, shielding chicken with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.
- 6. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Whisk soup mixture in baking dish until blended, and drizzle over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes