Absolutely one of our family favorites - and we often make this for guests as well. S.Living added mushrooms to this recently - we make it without and it's dreamy. No suggestions on additions or changes - it's wonderful & easy!
Buttermilk Baked Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can CAMPBELL'S Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in oven in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish (about 3 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk; sprinkle with pepper, and dredge in flour.
- 3. Remove baking dish from oven. Add mushrooms and thyme. Arrange chicken, breast sides down, in baking dish.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 minutes.
- 5. Stir together soup and remaining 1 cup buttermilk. Pour over chicken, and bake 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°, shielding chicken with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.
- 6. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Whisk soup mixture in baking dish until blended, and drizzle over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note