This was great! My family really enjoyed it, even the picky eaters! I will definitely be making this one again. I loved how easy this recipe was and took very little of my time to prepare. I'm a busy mom of six so fixing dinner can take a while. With this recipe I know I can get it done quickly and it tastes great, that a win, win for me!
Buttermilk Baked Chicken
This baked chicken recipe gives you tender, golden chicken that you dip in buttermilk and dredge in flour before baking. Then you make a sauce by adding a buttermilk-cream of mushroom soup mixture during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine*
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided*
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted*
- Hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish in a 425° oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, and dredge in flour. Arrange chicken, breast side down, in dish.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 more minutes. Stir together remaining 1 cup buttermilk and soup; pour over chicken, and bake 10 more minutes, shielding with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note