This is freaking great for a weeknight. I used boneless chicken of course. One of the few recipes I have made many times over.
Buttermilk Baked Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine*
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided*
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted*
- Hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish in a 425° oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, and dredge in flour. Arrange chicken, breast side down, in dish.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 more minutes. Stir together remaining 1 cup buttermilk and soup; pour over chicken, and bake 10 more minutes, shielding with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes