- 1/4 cup butter or margarine*
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided*
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted*
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Melt butter in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish in a 425° oven.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, and dredge in flour. Arrange chicken, breast side down, in dish.
Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 more minutes. Stir together remaining 1 cup buttermilk and soup; pour over chicken, and bake 10 more minutes, shielding with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Serve over rice.