- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can CAMPBELL'S Cream of Mushroom Soup
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in oven in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish (about 3 minutes).
Meanwhile, dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk; sprinkle with pepper, and dredge in flour.
Remove baking dish from oven. Add mushrooms and thyme. Arrange chicken, breast sides down, in baking dish.
Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 minutes.
Stir together soup and remaining 1 cup buttermilk. Pour over chicken, and bake 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°, shielding chicken with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.
Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Whisk soup mixture in baking dish until blended, and drizzle over chicken.