Butterhead Greens Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe from Butterhead Greens Cafe in Savannah, GA, from "Savannah Chef's Table" by Lee Fowler. "Cooking, Savannah Style: Renowned food writer brings Southern expertise to Winston-Salem" by Michael Hastings, Winston-Salem Journal: Wednesday, May 29, 2013.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/3 cup(s) sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped and toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper, to taste
- 1. Put the sweet potatoes in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and cover them with water. Bring them to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through but still firm, 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the potatoes.
- 2. Drain the potatoes and add the onion, honey, vinegar, thyme, pecans and olive oil. Gently toss to mix, season to taste with salt and pepper, then gently toss again and let cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note