So delicious! used egg noodles and it was great!
Butterflied Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
A paring knife is essential for deveining and butterflying the shrimp, while a chef's knife takes care of cutting the vegetables, garlic, and ginger.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 45.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 507mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons sake (rice wine), divided
- 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) red bell pepper strips
- 3/4 cup (1/4-inch-thick) diagonally cut carrot
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 4 ounces)
- 4 cups hot cooked wide lo mein or udon noodles (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Combine the broth, 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sake, 2 teaspoons honey, chile paste, and sesame oil, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Starting at the tail end, butterfly each shrimp, cutting to, but not through, underside of shrimp; remove and discard vein. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sake, and 2 teaspoons honey in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add shrimp; toss gently to coat.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet or a wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture; sauté 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp from pan. Wipe the pan clean with paper towels. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to pan. Stir in onions, ginger, and garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and carrot; sauté 2 minutes. Add snow peas; sauté 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook mixture 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Add noodles, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note