Buttered Rum Coffee Cake
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot roll mix
- 2/3 cup warm milk (100° to 110°)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed butterscotch candies (about 9 candies)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Buttered Rum Topping
- Remove yeast packet from roll mix. Sprinkle yeast over warm milk in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Add 1 cup hot roll mix; beat 2 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer. Stir in remaining hot roll mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended (dough will be soft). Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; let rest 5 minutes, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12" x 16" rectangle.
- Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; stir until smooth. Spread rum mixture over dough, leaving a 1" margin. Roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 16 (1") slices.
- Spread Buttered Rum Topping into bottom of a well-greased 10" tube pan. Stand 10 dough slices against outer edge of pan. Stand remaining 6 slices against center tube of pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 50 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes in pan; invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle any remaining glaze over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch