Great recipe but 8 servings is really pushing it. My husband and I were able to comfortably share this entire recipe as a side dish (and we are not big eaters).
Buttered Green Beans and Mushrooms
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 44
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1. Steam green beans, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Pat dry with a towel; set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 8 minutes or until mushroom liquid evaporates. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and green beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note