Buttered Asparagus Spears
Photo: Tina Cornett
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Trim tough ends of asparagus.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven; add asparagus, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill, if desired.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add asparagus, salt, and pepper, and saute until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttered Asparagus Spears Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This