enough for 2 cakes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 sticks butter unsalted & softened
- 1T. +1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 pound(s) confectioner sugar
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- Cream butter in mixer with paddle attachment. Add salt & vanilla (can substitute
- other flavorings). Beat until fluffy, then scrape down sides. Add one 2 lb. bag(32oz)
- of confectioner sugar. Place a towel over mixer, then beat until incorporated well.
- Scrape down sides. Add one cup heavy cream & beat well. Scrape sides again.
- Add another 2 lb. (32oz) bag confectioner sugar - towel over the top or it will get
- messy. Beat well, scrape down sides. Turn motor on high (6 or 8 setting)
- and beat for about 5-7 minutes until soft and fluffy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by erwinmercer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttercream Icing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts