Butter Toffee Ice Cream Pie
Trisha Kruse came up with this creamy, crunchy ice cream pie when she had toffee peanuts and was looking for a way to avoid eating them all herself!
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 502
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 6.3g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- 3/4 cup toffee peanuts
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan or vanilla ice cream
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust (9 oz.)
- 1 jar (12 oz.) butterscotch topping
- 1. Coarsely chop peanuts. Soften ice cream in carton in a microwave oven on medium power (50%) at 5-second intervals, 15 to 25 seconds.
- 2. Spread half the ice cream into crust, packing firmly. Sprinkle half the peanuts over ice cream. Drizzle about half the butterscotch topping over peanuts. Spread remaining ice cream onto pie, mounding in center. Top with remaining peanuts and butterscotch topping. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours, or cover loosely and freeze up to 2 days.
- 3. To serve, let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes to soften before slicing into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts