A new family favorite. The second time I tried the recipe I used a food processor, so much quicker and easier than a regular mixer. Probably one of the best shortbread recipes i've tried. I now make 2 cake pans every week. My family has not tired of it yet. trying the lemon version next, and also thinking of trying orange zest,
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar (sometimes called sparkling sugar)*
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Put flour, butter, granulated sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed until blended, then increase to medium and mix until dough is no longer crumbly and just comes together.
- 2. Press dough evenly into a 9-in. round cake pan. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 3. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Cut still-warm shortbread with a fork, tines down, into 16 wedge-shape pieces with shaggy edges. Cool completely, then invert pan onto a work surface and carefully separate cookies.
- *Find coarse sugar in the baking aisle.
- Make ahead: Up to 5 days. Store airtight up to 1 week.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies