This recipe goes with Cedar Plank Fish with Citrus Horseradish Crust and Butter Sauce
Yield: about 1 1/4 cups
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes, uncovered, or until mixture is reduced by half. Add whipping cream. Return to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until butter melts and sauce is thickened. Add salt and pepper. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Note: In testing we used Emeril's Essence seasoning blend for Creole seasoning blend for Creole seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments