This recipe goes with Cedar Plank Fish with Citrus Horseradish Crust and Butter Sauce
Yield: about 1 1/4 cups
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes, uncovered, or until mixture is reduced by half. Add whipping cream. Return to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until butter melts and sauce is thickened. Add salt and pepper. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Note: In testing we used Emeril's Essence seasoning blend for Creole seasoning blend for Creole seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note