Loved it! I did add maple syrup to taste, which made the dish just a little sweeter.
Butter-Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 304mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Pierce each potato with a fork 3 to 4 times on each side. Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp.
- 2. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Stir butter, milk, and salt into potato pulp. Top with pecans.
- Variation 1 Maple Bacon Price per serving: $0.85 Prepare master recipe through step 1. Stir in 1 tablespoon softened butter, 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, and 4 teaspoons maple syrup. Top mashed sweet potato mixture with 1 1/4 ounces cooked and crumbled bacon (about 3 slices). Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup) Calories 268; Fat 6.6g (sat 3.1g); Sodium 351mg
- Variation 2 Chipotle-Lime Price per serving: $1.08 Prepare master recipe through step 1. Stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup) Calories 193; Fat 0g (sat 0g); Sodium 227mg
- Variation 3 Parmesan-Sage Price per serving: $1.05 Prepare master recipe through step 1. Stir in 1 tablespoon softened butter, 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage, 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup), and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup) Calories 233; Fat 4.9g (sat 3.1g); Sodium 328mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables