Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow baking dish; sprinkle with salt, and dot with butter. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and toss lightly. Return to oven, and bake an additional 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, syrup, and eggs in top of a double boiler. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Place over boiling water and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature; chill thoroughly. Stir in half-and-half, vanilla, and reserved pecans.
- Pour mixture into freezer can of a 2-quart hand - turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Let ice cream ripen at least 1 hour before serving. Spoon into individual bowls or parfait glasses, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Ice Cream/Sherbet