Made this for Christmas gifts for co-workers and friends. Instead of plain pecans, I used pralined pecans. Making a new batch now as everyone really liked it and did not eat it for breakfast, they snacked on it.
Butter-Pecan Granola is the perfect topping for yogurt and fruit, and even better on its own as a snack. This recipe makes enough so you can share with friends.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 (8-oz.) package chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325°. Stir together melted butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Add oats, pecans, wheat germ, and sesame seeds, and stir until mixture is evenly coated. Spread oat mixture on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread granola onto wax paper, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Stir in chopped dates. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days, or freeze up to 6 months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note