I added a smidge of butter flavored extract. Once the powdered sugar and extracts were added into the saucepan and roughly stirred, I transferred it to my stand mixer and added Wilton coloring gel and made sure it was throughly mixed. Was a little sticky so I rolled it out on cutting boards that were dusted with powdered sugar. Has a soft fondant texture until it dries. Delicious mints. Not overpowering.
These buttercream mints are made with cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar with flavor coming from vanilla and peppermint extracts. Freeze extras in a zip-top freezer bag for up to three months.
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt cream cheese and butter in large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Gradually stir in powdered sugar; add peppermint and vanilla extracts, stirring until well blended.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into 10 (1/4-cup) portions; roll each into a 12-inch rope. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Let stand, uncovered, 4 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note