I added a smidge of butter flavored extract. Once the powdered sugar and extracts were added into the saucepan and roughly stirred, I transferred it to my stand mixer and added Wilton coloring gel and made sure it was throughly mixed. Was a little sticky so I rolled it out on cutting boards that were dusted with powdered sugar. Has a soft fondant texture until it dries. Delicious mints. Not overpowering.
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt cream cheese and butter in large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Gradually stir in powdered sugar; add peppermint and vanilla extracts, stirring until well blended.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into 10 (1/4-cup) portions; roll each into a 12-inch rope. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Let stand, uncovered, 4 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts