Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margerine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Fresh strawberries
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disapears.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition just until blended; stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan. Bake at 350° for one hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on a wie rack.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings