- 2 heads butter lettuce (1 1/4 to 1 1/3 lb. total)
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked tiny shrimp
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (1/2 in. wide, if available)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted smoked hazelnuts or roasted salted smoked almonds (see notes)
- 2 firm-ripe Asian, Comice, or Bosc pears (about 1/2 lb. each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
- Blue cheese dressing
- Fresh-ground pepper
- calories 226
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 18 g
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- sodium 234 mg
- cholesterol 111 mg
How to Make It
Rinse and drain lettuce leaves; wrap in towels, enclose in a plastic bag, and chill at least 15 minutes or up to 2 days.
Rinse shrimp with cold water and drain. Rinse and stem tomatoes; if larger than 1/2 inch, cut into quarters.
Coarsely chop nuts. Rinse pears, core, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick sticks; in a bowl, mix cut fruit with lemon juice.
Mound lettuce on plates or in bowls. Over lettuce, evenly scatter shrimp, tomatoes, and nuts. Top equally with pears. Ladle dressing to taste over salads and sprinkle with pepper.