This recipe goes with Lime Tarts with Coconut Cream
Yield: Makes 6 tart crusts (each 4 1/2 in. wide)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 279
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 3.5g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1. In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add butter; whirl or rub in with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add yolk; whirl or mix with a fork until dough holds together. Pat into ball.
- 2. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Firmly and evenly press each one over bottom and up sides of a 4 1/2-inch tart pan with removable rim. Set pans slightly apart on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in a 300° regular or convection oven until pale gold, 15 to 25 minutes; let cool at least 15 minutes. If making up to 1 day ahead, cool completely, wrap airtight, and store at room temperature.
- Nutritional analysis per crust.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts