Delicious, but a bit rich for my taste, so I cut them into 24 servings. Taste like little lemon cheese cakes.
Butter-Crunch Lemon Bars
A buttery, crunchy pastry crust forms the base for a tangy lemon filling. You can substitute fresh orange juice and grated orange rind for lemon, if you wish. These are best served chilled.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 17 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare crust, place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Weigh or lightly spoon 4.5 ounces (about 1 cup) flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Add flour to butter mixture, and beat at low speed until well blended. Press crust into bottom of an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. To prepare filling, place cottage cheese in a food processor; process 2 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once. Add granulated sugar and next 6 ingredients (through egg white), and process until well blended. Pour filling over crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set (the edges will get lightly browned). Cool. Cover and chill 8 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note