Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1. Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
- 2. Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- 3. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- 4. Scrape onto a lightly floured board and knead a few times, just until the dough smooths out.
- 5. Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
- 6. Before baking, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 7. Line your baking sheets with parchment.
- 8. Slice the dough into slices about 1/8" thick and place them on the sheets about an inch apart (they won't be spreading very much, but they need air room around each cookie).
- 9. Bake until JUST beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 16-18 minutes.
- 10. Note: you can do many things with these cookies.
- 11. You could roll the dough out and cut shapes.
- 12. You could slice them even thinner and sandwich them with chocolate or jam or lemon curd.
- 13. You could make them and then dip them half into chocolate.
- 14. You could just make them and eat them, which is my favorite.
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/worlds-best-butter-cookies-50684#ixzz1y9f8UKdi
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SonyaME and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note