This Pie is delicious ...my grandmother was queen of coconut pies, God bless her soul. However I never got her recipe this is a delicious replacement. Thank you for the recipe my family and friends love it. The only thing I do different is run my coconut through the food processor because I like it really fine.
Butter Coconut Pie
- 1 (9-inch) frozen piecrust
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (3.5-ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line piecrust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Remove paper and weights.
- Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl; stir in eggs, blending well. Stir in coconut and next 3 ingredients, blending well. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes or until pie is set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts