Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Chicken cut in small pieces
- 4 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce
- 1 evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- Heat 2 tblsp oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned. about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Saute onions, garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant. Stir in butter, lemon juice and spices. Cook stirring for 1 minute.Add tomato sauce, cooking for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in milk and yogurt. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring often.
- Add reserved chicken to sauce and bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dovanden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butter Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes