Butter Bean, Tuna and Celery Salad
Photo: © Antonis Achilleos
Big, creamy butter beans give a tuna and celery salad terrific heartiness. The salad would also be delicious spooned over slices of warm grilled country bread.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 1/2-ounce cans Italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 15-ounce cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the chives and season the lemon-mustard vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the drained tuna with the sliced celery, butter beans and capers. Add the lemon-mustard vinaigrette and toss to coat the salad. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve at once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads