I like this recipe because it brings different flavors together. I didn't make them as sliders but as four smaller burgers on the grill and it turned out very well.. I was hesitant about the burgers because there are no other ingredients in them, just sirloin, but there are so many other flavors when it all comes together it worked.. It's like having a salad and a burger together in one..
Butcher's Cut Sliders
Who knew it was possible to pack this much flavor into a two-inch-tall slider? Butcher's Cut Sliders are perfect as a nosh at your next cocktail party or enjoyed as an easy weeknight dinner.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 58 Minutes
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 17.7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Carbohydrate: 41.2g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 756mg
- Calcium: 125mg
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 12 ounces ground sirloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 sourdough slider buns
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add shallots to vinegar mixture; toss. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Toss. Drain; set aside.
- 2. Divide beef into 8 equal portions; gently shape each portion into a 1/4-inch-thick patty, taking care not to pack beef. Sprinkle both sides of patties evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; do not press on patties as they cook.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, oil, mustard, and soy sauce in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula and chives; toss gently to coat. Combine mayonnaise and cheese in a small bowl. Spread bottom half of each bun with about 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture. Top each slider with 1 patty, about 1/4 cup arugula mixture, 1 tablespoon pickled shallot, and 1 bun top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note