Buster Crab, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich
Buster crabs refer to those caught halfway through the shedding process, so they appear to be literally "busting" out of their shells.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 soft-shell crabs, dressed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 slices brioche or thick white bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup micro greens, or broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- Stir together mayonnaise and garlic; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients for a vinaigrette; add tomatoes, and toss well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Dip crabs into egg, and dredge in flour mixture. Sauté crabs in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each toasted bread slice; top with crab and 1/4 cup tomato vinaigrette. Dollop with extra mayonnaise mixture, if desired, and top with micro greens or sprouts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches