- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 soft-shell crabs, dressed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 slices brioche or thick white bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup micro greens, or broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
How to Make It
Stir together mayonnaise and garlic; cover and chill until ready to serve.
Whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients for a vinaigrette; add tomatoes, and toss well.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Dip crabs into egg, and dredge in flour mixture. Sauté crabs in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each toasted bread slice; top with crab and 1/4 cup tomato vinaigrette. Dollop with extra mayonnaise mixture, if desired, and top with micro greens or sprouts.