- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 pt. grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) package spaghetti
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Sauté zucchini in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until zucchini begins to brown. Add garlic, red pepper, and 1/4 tsp. kosher salt; cook, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until garlic begins to brown. Remove from skillet.
Add tomatoes, black pepper, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and 3/4 tsp. kosher salt to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup hot pasta water. Add pasta, hot pasta water, and zucchini mixture to skillet along with basil and parsley; toss. Top with cheese.