Burnt Almond Cake
Chill: 1 Hour
- 2 1/2 cup(s) cake flour
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- honey almond brittle
- custard cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 8-by-2-inch round cake pans.
- For the cake: Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to medium-low.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds between additions.
- Add alternating increments of the flour mixture and buttermilk and vanilla, blending well after each addition; this should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pans, on wire racks, for 10 minutes, unmold the cakes and let cool completely.
- Note: The cake recipe makes two 8-inch round cake layers.
- Only one is used for this recipe.
- To assemble cake: Cut the cake in half horizontally.
- Place one layer on a cake plate, spread cake with cold custard cream and sprinkle with brittle crumbs.
- Cover with the remaining layer of cake.
- Spread the remaining custard cream over cake, applying a thinner coat to the sides than the top.
- Chill for a least 1 hour before garnishing.
- To garnish, press brittle crumbs onto the sides of the cake with the palm of your hand and sprinkle a layer of crumbs on the top.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hiimcindy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Burnt Almond Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts