Burgers With Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa
Top beef burgers with a homemade spicy-sweet salsa for a tropical twist. Make it a meal: Serve with rice salad. Cook ¾ cup long-grain white rice according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in 1 cup rinsed black beans, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Recipe by Kate Merker: June, 2009 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/burgers-pineapple-jalapeno-salsa-00000000044048/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh or canned pineapple (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 â¢ jalapeÃ±o, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound(s) â¢ ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1. Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- 2. Form the beef into four ½-inch-thick patties and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill the patties (do not press or flatten), 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 4. Place the burgers on the buns and top with the pineapple salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note