A great burger recipe! Make it even better by using 2/3 sirloin and 1/3 lamb. Here's a nice side: peel and cube (about 1/2 inch) sweet potato, wrap in foil with mascarpone, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Start on the grill a few minutes before the burgers.
Burgers with Blue Cheese Mayo and Sherry Vidalia Onions
Sharp cheese plays against sweet onions in a seriously delicious sandwich, made lighter with lean beef.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 21.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices Vidalia or other sweet onion
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) 100% whole-wheat hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine 1/2 cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon thyme, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; stir well.
- 3. Divide beef into 4 equal portions, shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Sprinkle beef evenly with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and salt.
- 4. Brush oil evenly over both sides of onion slices; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place the patties and onions on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Set patties aside; keep warm. Place onion slices in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 5 minutes; toss with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and vinegar.
- 5. Spread cut sides of buns evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Arrange 1/2 cup arugula on bottom half of each bun; top with 1 patty, 1 onion slice, and bun top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note