Burgers With Bacon and Sauerkraut
These burgers are also delicious made with ground turkey. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Recipe by Kristen Evans Dittami, June 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/burgers-bacon-sauerkraut-00000000058502/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 slice(s) bacon
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Canola oil, for the grill
- 4 large slice(s) pumpernickel bread
- 1/4 cup(s) whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) drained sauerkraut
- 1. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; let cool.
- 2. Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty. (This will prevent overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 3. Oil the grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155° F for medium, 4 to 5 minutes more. Cut the bread in half crosswise and, dividing evenly, spread with the mustard. Form sandwiches with the bread, burgers, bacon, and sauerkraut.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note