- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.), peeled, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide wedges
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (rinse and drain before measuring)
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 English muffins, halved horizontally
- calories 642
- fat 32 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 61 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 77 mg
- sodium 1046 mg
How to Make It
Make fries: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with foil; mist foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil, sugar, cumin, cayenne, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Set potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned around edges, about 15 minutes. Turn potatoes; bake until softened and browned, about 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
Make burgers: Preheat broiler to high or grill to medium. Line a broiling pan with foil and mist with cooking spray.
Pulse beans with 2 Tbsp. water in a food processor until blended. Transfer to a bowl; add sirloin, salt and pepper. Gently blend and shape into four round, flat patties.
Broil or grill burgers until a meat thermometer registers 160°F, about 5 minutes per side. Serve burgers with lettuce and tomato on toasted English muffins, with fries on the side. Offer ketchup, mustard and other condiments, if desired.