Burger With Mushrooms and Radicchio
Burger With Mushrooms and Radicchio delivers a great-tasting meal with just 500 calories. Shiitake and other mushrooms provide rich antioxidants and help reduce cholesterol--plus you'll feel satisfied thanks to the protein and 7 grams of fiber in this fabulous burger.
More From Health
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 473
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mixed exotic mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 4 (2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced into thin rings
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until tender and golden (4-6 minutes). Transfer mushrooms to a plate. Wipe out skillet; reserve.
- 2. With clean hands, form meat into 4 patties; sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper over both sides of burgers. Return skillet to medium-high heat; cook burgers until medium (5-6 minutes per side), or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
- 3. Place 1/4 of the radicchio slices, then burgers, on bottom buns; divide mushrooms among burgers and top with other half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note