Burgandy Beef Stew
Fork-tender and richly flavored.
Yield: serves 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 baking potatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- Brown beef in oil in a large stew pot. Add all vegetables, except tomatoes, and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and vegetables and stir to coat. Add broth, wine or broth, seasonings and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Burgandy Beef Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews