these were adorable. hostess appears to have remade their molds, slightly smaller, so the peeps have a little hard time of it, still it works. these cars brought smiles to faces young and old.
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
- WHAT YOU NEED
- Necco wafers
- Black edible marker
- White Fudge-Covered Oreos (4 for each car)
- Pink bunny Peeps
- 1. On a clean serving platter or cutting board, place rows of Necco wafers to look like a road.
- 2. Use edible markers to draw wagon-wheel designs on one side of each White Fudge-Covered Oreo.
- 3. Using a paring knife, carve a small hole, about the same size as the bottom of a Peep, into one end of a Twinkie. Do not go all the way through. Place a Peep in the hole.
- 4. Cut skewers so they're slightly wider than a Twinkie. Using a skewer tip, drill a small hole in the center of 4 cookies on the non-marked sides. Place skewers in holes to form 2 axles with wheels. Place a Twinkie on top. Add a flag in the back, if desired. Repeat with remaining cookies, Twinkies and Peeps.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note