Bunk's Oregon Albacore Tuna Salad
The tuna melt at Bunk Sandwiches, in Portland, scores high marks for flavor—and all the ingredients except the condiments are local. Chef and co-owner Tommy Habetz puts the salad in ciabatta rolls spread with mayo and mustard, adds medium-sharp cheddar and sliced garlic dill pickles, and then grills the works in a panini press.
More From Sunset
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) local sustainable albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note