Bunco Bon Bons
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Seven Minute Frosting
- Semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat until well blended.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk; set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; sift 3 times. Add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix well. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake from pan; cool on a wire rack.
- Cut cake into 2-inch squares. Spread top and sides of each square with Seven-Minute Frosting. Garnish each with chocolate morsels to resemble dice.
If your game is bridge, try cutting cakes into hearts, clubs, and spades instead of dice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note