Bulgur Wheat Bread
Make this recipe in an automatic 1 1/2-lb. bread machine. For crispest crusts, let bread cool, then reheat on a rack in a 350° oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes 24 servings (1 1/2-pound loaf)
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup bulgur wheat. Let stand until bulgur is soft enough to bite, about 25 minutes. Do not drain.
- 2. Add ingredients to bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- 3. Select basic cycle.
- 4. Remove baked loaf from pan at once. Cool on a rack at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve hot, warm, or cool.
- 2-Pound Loaf: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup bulgur wheat. Let stand until bulgur is soft enough to bite, about 25 minutes. do not drain.
- Use ingredients and follow steps for Bulgur What Bread, preceding, adding soaked bulgur and liquid with milk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note