- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 cups diced cooked skinless, boneless chicken meat from a rotisserie bird
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- calories 494
- fat 22 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 89 mg
- sodium 457 mg
How to Make It
Combine bulgur and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, fluff with a fork and let stand 15 minutes to cool.
Place walnuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Whisk together vinegar, brown sugar, mustard and 1/4 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow stream and whisk until emulsified. Add apple and chicken to bowl with bulgur. Pour in dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt, transfer salad to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with walnuts and scallions. Serve at room temperature.