Easy to make, oh so healthy and a perfect side dish. I think it would be just as great with a poached egg as it is with the kebabs! I halved the recipe and increased the spinach (I used frozen chopped). Will be making this one again and again.
Bulgur Pilaf with Spinach
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 6.8g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Sodium: 823mg
- Cholesterol: 2.5mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 1 qt. chicken broth or water
- 1 pound spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat, 2 minutes. Add oil, then stir in onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Pour in bulgur and stir to coat with oil. Add broth. Let mixture come to a boil, then stir in spinach, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed and bulgur is tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and lemon juice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables