Very good recipe. Just make sure you slice the beef very thinly.
Bulgogi (Korean Beef Barbecue)
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- Wrap beef in plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour or until firm. Remove plastic wrap; cut beef diagonally across grain into 1/16-inch-thick slices.
- Combine beef, sugar, and next 5 ingredients (sugar through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Place a wire grilling basket on grill rack. Remove beef from bag; discard marinade. Place beef on grilling basket coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note