This version neglects to include soy sauce and overstated the amount of beef (3# for 4 servings?).
Bulgogi (Korean Barbecued Beef)
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) sirloin or rib eye paper thin slices
- 5 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) mirin
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 cup(s) green onions
- 2 piece(s) carrots julienned
- 1. Try to slice the beef as thinly as possible. Selecting premium cuts of meat recommended for extra taste and quality.
- 2. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl enough to fit the thinly sliced beef. Marinate in refrigerator for at least a few hours, although overnight recommended.
- 3. After marination, cook over medium high heat on a non-stick skillet or frying pan. Cook until meat loses its pink for color or until slightly charred.
- 4. Serve hot with rice and banchan (side dishes) including lettuce varieties for wraps. Red leaf lettuce, Boston bibbs, and romaine lettuce work best.
- *For easier slicing of the beef, stick the beef in the freezer for 15~20 minutes. This will make cutting much easier.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note