This version neglects to include soy sauce and overstated the amount of beef (3# for 4 servings?).
Bulgogi (Korean Barbecued Beef)
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) sirloin or rib eye paper thin slices
- 5 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) mirin
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 cup(s) green onions
- 2 piece(s) carrots julienned
- 1. Try to slice the beef as thinly as possible. Selecting premium cuts of meat recommended for extra taste and quality.
- 2. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl enough to fit the thinly sliced beef. Marinate in refrigerator for at least a few hours, although overnight recommended.
- 3. After marination, cook over medium high heat on a non-stick skillet or frying pan. Cook until meat loses its pink for color or until slightly charred.
- 4. Serve hot with rice and banchan (side dishes) including lettuce varieties for wraps. Red leaf lettuce, Boston bibbs, and romaine lettuce work best.
- *For easier slicing of the beef, stick the beef in the freezer for 15~20 minutes. This will make cutting much easier.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes