- 1 pound trimmed boneless rib-eye steak (1.25 pounds untrimmed)
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soju, sake, or sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sweet potato noodles or cellophane noodles
- 7 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 cups no-salt-added beef stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 8 ounces water-packed extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- calories 332
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 24.1 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 597 mg
- calcium 76 mg
How to Make It
Place beef in freezer for 20 minutes. Remove from freezer; cut across the grain into very thin slices. Place beef in a medium bowl. Add soy sauce and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); toss well to combine. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Soak noodles in cold water for 30 minutes; drain (noodles will not be tender). Cut noodles with kitchen scissors 2 or 3 times.
Trim roots from enoki mushrooms; separate mushrooms into several large clumps. Cut carrots crosswise into thirds; cut each piece lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
Heat a Dutch oven over high heat. Add beef mixture to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes. Arrange noodles over beef mixture; add stock. Reduce heat to medium-high. Top noodles with enoki, carrots, shiitake, tofu, jalapeño, and onions. Bring mixture just to a simmer; simmer gently for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in salt.