- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steak. Seal bag, and chill 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 9 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste.