Yield: Makes 10 servings
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and chopped (6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Bring potato and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven; boil 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Stir in 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, and next 4 ingredients until smooth.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and mushrooms, and saute until tender.
- Spoon one-third of potato mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish; top with halfof mushroom mixture. Repeat layers, ending with potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buffet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Kwanzaa, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables