I made this recipe because the ingredients are all on peoples favorites list. However, there was no rice listed on the list, which I assumed was a accidental omission. I used 2.5 cups of Texmati rice which was too much. Probably 1.5 cups would have been enough. I could not find Bulk Sage sausage so used Original and added a touch of sage to the celery.onion, and pepper mixture. That seemed to work. The whole mixture seemed a bit dry and I felt it needed something to hold it together. I added some shredded Jack cheese. That was better. I'm bringing it to a pot luck tonight, so will let you all know how it was received.
Community Recipe from
- 4 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 envelope(s) dehydrated chicken noodle soup
- 2 pound(s) bulk Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage Fried
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 med. size onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green pepper chopped
- Cooking Directions:
- In large saucepan bring water and soup to a boil. Add rice; cover, reduce heat and very gently boil 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Fry sausage until browned; remove from pan and pour off most of fat. Add celery, onion and green pepper to remaining fat in pan and cook until tender- crisp. Add rice, cooked sausage and mix well; turn into 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathryn0529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note