I made this recipe because the ingredients are all on peoples favorites list. However, there was no rice listed on the list, which I assumed was a accidental omission. I used 2.5 cups of Texmati rice which was too much. Probably 1.5 cups would have been enough. I could not find Bulk Sage sausage so used Original and added a touch of sage to the celery.onion, and pepper mixture. That seemed to work. The whole mixture seemed a bit dry and I felt it needed something to hold it together. I added some shredded Jack cheese. That was better. I'm bringing it to a pot luck tonight, so will let you all know how it was received.
Community Recipe from
- 4 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 envelope(s) dehydrated chicken noodle soup
- 2 pound(s) bulk Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage Fried
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 med. size onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green pepper chopped
- Cooking Directions:
- In large saucepan bring water and soup to a boil. Add rice; cover, reduce heat and very gently boil 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Fry sausage until browned; remove from pan and pour off most of fat. Add celery, onion and green pepper to remaining fat in pan and cook until tender- crisp. Add rice, cooked sausage and mix well; turn into 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathryn0529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes