Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup Franks or other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter, hot sauce, honey, Old Bay, and salt. When the sauce is bubbling at the edges, remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
- 2. Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce over the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- 3. Light a charcoal fire or heat the broiler. Remove shrimp from marinade. When the coals are gray and the broiler is hot, grill or broil the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 4. Toss shrimp with remaining sauce.
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
- 2. Stir in the blue cheese and Worcestershire. Add more salt and pepper if you like. Serve with the shrimp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Outwest42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buffalo Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers